id=nl> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

About Me

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Unity Project Reflection


I decided on replicating the mobile game Mini Bowling for my project in Unity. I started with the intention of making another, more advanced game, but I soon realized that time constraints would keep me from making it. I remembered Mini Bowling and saw its similarities to roll-a-ball, and decided that it would be a relatively easy game to make. For differentiating it from roll-a-ball, I replaced the cube prefabs with bowling pin assets from the internet and changed the physics of the game so that the ball can bounce off the walls and actually hit the pins instead of destroying them. I changed the controls to 8 buttons to represent 8 directions, and each is a single tap input to launch the ball in that direction. The goal is to get all the pins down in 5 launches, otherwise, you lose. Some expansions I'm thinking about are making more levels and developing a system to aim the ball or show a preview of where it's going to go.




1 comment:

  1. The bowling pin assets you used are GREAT! They give the game an early 90's 3D game feel. It is quite nostalgic for me. This is a well written blog with screenshots that really help tell the story of your game.

    ReplyDelete